I have to say that my mom was 99.9% right about everything. As much as I hate to admit it, I have to tell the truth. She was a tough one my mother and had a heart of gold.
Our parents are always trying to save us from ourselves. They do it because they love us and really do (most of the time) know better. I didn’t realize that until I was 25 years old (I’m 43 now). I guess we eventually become our parents and with age realize that it’s not so bad.
I’ve been thinking about all the advice she gave me. I think about all the crazy and funny things she used to say and I had to put it down on paper – or computer. I’m sure your parents said similar or even the same things. I find myself recycling her wisdom as well.
She would say, “Jacq, listen to me. I’m your mother.”
- Always wear a girdle.
- Don’t shit where you eat.
- Blood is thicker than water.
- Your kids will stick it up your ass so make sure your marriage comes first.
- Why would a man want to buy the cow when he gets the milk for free.
- If you want something done right you have to do it yourself.
- Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.
- Be self-sufficient and get a good education. Never depend on a man to support you.
- What do you need to have kids for?
- I’m your mother FIRST and then your friend.
- Trust no one.
- Men are stupid.
- I’m right. I’m always right.
There are so many more but then I’d be here longer than my ongoing Shoe Shock blog.
Moms are wise, smart, caring, crazy, fun – a little bit of everything. My mom was. I know she’s in Heaven keeping busy and probably running the show.
© 2010 J. H-M and CultureChoc2010.