I’m always bitching or moaning about one thing or another. I seem to thrive on venting – and now that I’m blogging, I can have a daily vent fest.
There are also the things in life that make me happy. You don’t hear about them as often, but they do exist. These are not in any particular order but they are my top 10.
- Shopping: For shoes, clothes or housewares. Shopping is my addiction. Wherever. Whenever. No reason at all. I am a shopaholic.
- Speeding: Driving 100 mph and not getting caught is a rush. I know in my real brain that it is not the safest thing – but I can’t help myself.
- Happy Hour or should I say HOURS. Going out after work is one of my pleasures. Whether I go out with friends or alone, there is always someone to chat with. Oh – sometimes I NEED the booze too!
- Cuddling with my cats. My cats are my children without back-talk.
- A good night’s sleep. I have no happy medium. I either have insomnia or can’t get enough sleep. I rarely sleep more than 5 hours.
- A fabulous dinner. A food snob I am. I grew up with good food and plan on continuing the tradition.
- A bottle of Veuve Clicquot. Champagne is my nectar – especially in the summer. Veuve does it for me.
- ZERO stress. I would love a zero stress day though I don’t think I’ve had one since Daddy and Mommy took care of me.
- Time well spent with my husband. We battle. We bicker, but we love the same things and we love each other. There is no one else I’d rather spend time with.
- Dreaming about my mother. My mom has been gone for 5 years and it doesn’t get any easier, just easier to suppress. When I have a dream about her I’m thrilled. Whether it’s a cameo or a lead role, I love dreaming about my mom. It’s such a treat and I always feel happy afterwards.
© 2010 J. H-M and CultureChoc2010.