I’m a Jersey girl so snappy words and forceful hand gestures are innate. I can’t drive 2 blocks without screaming at a stupid driver while gesturing to him or her with BOTH hands, all the while driving with my knee.
Words are a way of life in New Jersey, so you best choose them wisely. They’re naughty and nice and just plain… well… Jersey.
Here is some of my preferred parole:
- DB: I hope I don’t have to spell it out for you.
- Sans: It means without in French. It’s just so much more convenient.
- Jerk Off: This was always (and still is) a staple word chez moi. Though my husband prefers Jack Off – I don’t like to monkey with perfection.
- Pussy: I love using this word for my cats and wimpy personnes. I don’t like to contract it with wimp because I think it’s all good on its own.
- Horror Show: I like to use this to describe someone that’s a TOTAL disaster.
- Dick Click: Refers to the Good ‘Ole Boys Club. It’s just so much more catchy.
- New Shoes: I just LOVE hearing those words and saying them. I get titillated from head to toe.
- Happy Hour: Happy + Hour = a good time.
- F***: One of my all time faves!
What are some of yours?
© 2010 J. H-M and CultureChoc2010.