Sometimes we just don’t have the words to express what we want or need to say. Here are some of my favorite quotes:
- “L’enfer, c’est les autres.” (Hell is other people.) – Jean-Paul Sartre
- “One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman.” – Simone de Beauvoir
- “I’ve been rich and I’ve been poor. It’s better to be rich.” – Gertrude Stein
- “America is my country and Paris is my hometown.” – Gertrude Stein
- “A woman who thinks she is intelligent demands the same rights as man. An intelligent woman gives up.” – Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
- “Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.” – Franz Kafka
- “I prefer a pleasant vice to an annoying virtue.” – Molière
- “A dame that knows the ropes isn’t likely to get tied up.” – Mae West
- “I don’t know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “I rant, therefore I am.” – Dennis Miller
- “Sex is as important as eating or drinking and we ought to allow the one appetite to be satisfied with as little restraint or false modesty as the other.” – Marquis de Sade
- “Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.” – Sophia Loren
- “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got.” – Janis Joplin
What’s your favorite quote? Please share.
© 2010 J. H-M and CultureChoc2010.