Fashion has a tendency to repeat itself with new updates that make the trend more modern. This year’s Fall Collections are no exception.
Scouring sample sales, fashion magazines and any online fashionista jabber I focused in on a few trends that I like for Fall 2010. Most of these are in a normal fashionista’s price range except for my Military pick – but I couldn’t resist.
- Boots: Thigh-high boots seem to be making a comeback. They appeared on the fashion scene a few years ago but the runways are loaded with them this Fall. Must have: Report Winston
- Statement Jewelry: This jewelry takes bling to a new level. Classy and fun pieces will round out your wardrobe. Must-have: Try a piece by Miriam Salat or Alex & Ani.
- Thigh-High Socks: Last seen in the movie Clueless, these retro-modern “leg-warmers” are a hot pick for fall. Must-have: Knee socks – but read this first.
- 70’s Inspired: Silks, neutral accessories and an oversized pair of sunglasses rounds out seventies style. Must-have: a nude shoe – my fave L.A.M.B. Gale.
- Fur: Not very politically correct but always HOT. Whether it real or
faux – go for it! Must-have: Pick any accessory fur or faux.
- Chains: Edgy metal on handbags, clothes or jewelry are in vogue maintenant. Must-have: Elemento by Monserat De Lucca.
- Military Inspired: No! It’s not your 80’s military jacket – it’s more modern and more wearable. Must-have: Balmain navy silk blend tweed military jacket. Totally out of my price range but if you can find a knock-off, let me know!
- Lace: Lace truly never goes out of style. Must-have: Loretta Tunic Dress*. Great for a night out.
- Pops of GOLD: Whether you’re flaunting a gold sequin mini, elegant cocktail dress or brilliant baubles, gold is IN. Must-have: Kenneth Cole Gold Cuff Bracelet.
- Platform Stilettos: Who knew when platforms appeared on the scene so long ago that they would constantly be reinvented in more modern pieces again and again. Must-have: Kira Peep Toe Pump by Marciano.
These finds combine multiple trends:
The most important thing in fashion is to HAVE FUN. If you love what you’re wearing you will exude confidence and strength and others will notice. I love creating my own looks. It’s an art. Putting together just the right pieces – perfect harmony.
Shop smart at sample sales, Marshall’s or TJ Maxx. It’s better to buy better, cheaper than to buy JUST cheap. You DO get what you pay for – trust me.
© 2010 J. H-M and CultureChoc2010.
* In my closet.