It’s really hard for me to stay away from pasta completely. I’m always looking for a light dish so I can eat my macaroni and not feel guilty.
This is my twist on a Pasta Caprese.
- 1 pound linguine or spaghetti – 1 c pasta water reserved
- 1 -1/2 c – 2 c tomatoes, diced – preferably heirloom of different colors and types (cherry, grape, plum, etc.)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 c fresh basil leaves, torn
- Sea salt to taste
Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Mix the diced tomatoes and cubed mozzarella in a large bowl. Add the extra-virgin olive oil, oregano, basil leaves, and salt, to taste.
When the linguine is ready, reserve 1 cup of pasta water, drain pasta and add it to the bowl with approximately 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Mix well, adjust seasoning and serve immediately.
This no-cook, warm weather friendly sauce makes a great salad too!
© 2010 J. H-M and CultureChoc2010.
- Recipe for Caprese Salad with Red and Green Tomatoes and Kiwifruit (kalynskitchen.blogspot.com)