Over the years I have amassed quite a VHS and DVD collection. Some movies I watch over and over and some collect dust on the shelves where they live. We have On Demand, Netflix, Netflix Watch Instantly and every movie channel on DTV‘s lineup but still there is never anything to watch.
When I am in desperate need to watch a movie and I can’t bear to watch the Netflix that I’ve had since August, I turn to my trusty collection of films.
- 2 Days In Paris: One of my favorite Parisian depictions.
- Fast Times At Ridgemont High: An 80’s classic that will never get old.
- The Devil Wears Prada: Brutal but great!
- Amélie: Typiquement français.
- L’Auberge Espagnole: Reminds me of my year abroad.
- Friday: An hysterical, acquired taste.
- Next Friday: Loving Craig and Dada.
- Friday After Next: Again. It cracks me up.
- Soul Plane: Out of control comedy.
- Laurel Canyon: Makes me want to move to California with a Whiskey Sour in hand and explore my naughtier side.
- The Breakfast Club: Classic John Hughes.
- Weird Science: Kelly was so hot and the boys were so not.
- Sixteen Candles: Love it!
- Just One of the Guys: Typical 80’s.
- Stripes: Bill Murray is genius.
- Gotcha: Another classic 80’s.
- Hollywood Knights: Newbaum!
- La Vie En Rose: Great movie!
- The Pope of Greenwich Village: A classic.
- The Good Thief: Ahhh the south of France.
- Moonstruck: John’s fave.
- Gigi: One of the few musicals I love.
- Les Parapluies de Cherbourg: Ditto. Catherine Deneuve – so young.
- Scary Movie: I just crack up.
- Scream: Stupid but never tiring.
- Running With Scissors: Bizarre.
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun: SJP before Sex….
- Jawbreaker: Mean Girls part one.
- Murder By Death: Classic spoof.
- Valley Girl: 80’s in the Valley – awesome.
- Fraternity Vacation: Love this!
- Heaven Help Us: Another great flick! Kevin Dillon and Andrew McCarthy.
- Dream On Seasons 1 & 2: Martin Tupper rocks.
- Weeds: Nancy rocks in a dysfunctional screwed up way….
- Sex And The City – The Series: Always great to watch when I’m home sick and feeling better.
- Nip/Tuck: Christian – need I say more?
- Not Another Teen Movie: Bwhahahahahaha!
These are just a few – there are so many more.
What do you have in your DVD collection?
© 2011 J. H-M and CultureChoc2010