At the age of 43 I am 99% sure that I made the right decision by not having any children.
For years I was on the fence, always unsure and always ready with an excuse. My husband wanted to “knock me up” as soon as we got married but I always came up with a sound reason not to do it.
My cats are so much work that I can’t imagine having children. I give parents a lot of credit. Although I think I’d be a great mother if I had a baby, unless God surprises me, I’m not planning on. My ship hasn’t sailed yet but the older I get the less patience I have for EVERYONE.
Every time I see my friends having problems with their kids, I say “Reason number ____ I never had children.” A bit of a joke but totally true for me.
So I decided to compile a list of reasons that I’ve used and I will post them here and then once I get a good list going. A list that rings concerned and selfish – I make no excuses for it. So here we go…
- If I wanted to come home at a certain time, I would have dogs or kids, not cats. As far as I’m concerned dogs are too much work.
- Children cost money – a lot of money – for the rest of your life. I know my Daddy is still so good to me.
- I would worry 24/7 about my kids – and I can’t do it. I worry when I can’t find the cats in the house! I won’t rest until I locate them.
- I don’t change diapers. I changed 2 in my life – that was enough.
- I always HATED babysitting… enough said.
- I would have to give up my $300 shoes for $30 ones.
To be continued…
© 2011 J. H-M and CultureChoc2010