If you want to see spectacular special effects watch and American movie, but if you want a story, a plot, a movie of yesteryear then you should watch French.
My husband and I are drawn to foreign movies for so many reasons:
- They’re free of Hollywood assholes that seem to monopolize bored people’s lives.
- The story line is so much more interesting.
- It’s just not the same old sh**.
I speak 5 languages but mon mari speaks one – English – and he’s never been put-off by subtitles. It’s something you get accustomed to – it becomes an art to watching movies.
I’ve seen so many but you be the judge.
- Les Choristes
- La Vie En Rose: Such a tough life. Marion Cotillard played Edith Piaf with expertly.
- Ma Vie En Rose
- The Valet
- My Best Friend
- Molière: Romain Duris is genius.
- Swimming Pool
- 8 Femmes
- L’Avenue Montaigne
- Un Secret: Another poignant film based on a true story.
- Au Revoir Les Enfants: I cry every time.
- The Butterfly
- Fucking Fernand
- Les Parapluies de Cherbourg: The dialogue is all sung and fabulous. Catherine Deneuve was so young.
- A Very Long Engagement
- Paris, Je t’Aime
- L’Auberge Espagnole
- Russian Dolls
- 2 Days In Paris
- A Good Year
- The Good Thief
- A Girl Cut In Two
- Summer Hours
- The Crimson Rivers
- Histoire d’Adèle H: The tragic story of Adele Hugo.
- Paris 36
- Le Confessional
Let me know if you have any questions…. Enjoy!
© 2011 J. H-M and CultureChoc2010