My husband thinks I’m crazy and maybe by the end of this blog, you will too.
I hear and I feel and sometimes see spirits. I’m not psychic but I do have psychic tendencies. I’m sure you have had the same things happen to you at one time or another.
- My mother and I always knew who was on the phone when it rang. Whether it was each other or some random call from a friend or family member, we knew it as soon as the phone rang. And this was pre-caller ID!
- When my mother was hospitalized for her diabetes (she was a brittle diabetic) I tried to call her because I had a funny feeling. I couldn’t reach her so I frantically called the nurses’ station at the hospital and demanded that they check on her immediately. Well, I was right. She went into such severe sugar shock and had I not called… well, the scenario is not a good one.
- When one of my cats is doing something wrong, I know that he or she is up to no good and catch him or her in the act every single time. I’m sure some of you have that same feeling with your kids. My mother did with me and she was always right.
After my father’s dog died I would go over and see shadows of a dog walking around his house. My mom and dad saw it too.
When I moved into my new house I used to feel someone sit on the bed and then get up. I thought it was a cat – but each time I woke up to look there was no cat. I told my husband and he poo-pooed me as usual.
When my parents were staying over my mom told me the exact same story of someone sitting on her bed. She woke up – no cat. My father felt nothing. I never told her about my ghostly suspicions but yet she had the same experience at my house.
Wait…. it gets much better.
During the ghost’s occupation I started feeling and hearing dead people. The first one was my grandmother. I was in the car with John and I got goose bumps all over, my hair stood on end, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I heard my grandmother’s voice.
There were no words – just her voice. I can’t explain it. I talked back to her while my husband listened in disbelief and then I felt her presence disappear from the car. After that day, I starting having the same experience with other spirits that were lingering. It was really freaking me out!
One day I swear I brought some home with me. I finally said,
I appreciate that you want to come to me for help but you’re really starting to freak me out. If you can find someone else to help you I’d appreciate it because I don’t think I know how to help you. Please go away.
Evidently they listened. I never felt the presence in the house and I never brought anymore misguided spirits home with me.
That doesn’t mean that it still doesn’t happen (just not in my house).
For a while now, when I drive south on the GSP and I reach exit 100, I get the chills, goosebumps, my hair stands up and I get cold and clammy. It took me a few times to realize that it was happening at the same place each time. When my top is down or the windows are down, it is the strongest. I can’t wall up and ignore it. Windows up, top up with AC running – I still feel something. Without the AC I’m usually good.
I also smell different odors. I get whiffs of people (my dead aunt Mimi) and things – that no one else can smell but me. That’s when I know I have a visitor.
I’ve told some of my friends about it but it’s not something you advertise. I guess I’m doing it now… a coming out of the closet perhaps.
Tuesday night I was driving home from my dad’s on the Garden State Parkway. All of a sudden, I heard a frantic knock at my passenger side window. I actually jumped and looked and deduced that at 80 mph there was no one knocking on my window. Then what the hell was it?
Maybe I should stop sleeping with my Tarot cards under my pillow.
I don’t know if you have had anything similar happen to you… I’d love to hear about it. Am I nuts?
Until the next presence crosses my path… Adieu.
© 2011 J. H-M and CultureChoc2010.
- Can you really learn to be psychic? (mirror.co.uk)
- Invisible entities (reconstructingself.wordpress.com)