My husband and I do not gamble but we always manage to spend a mint in Atlantic City on food and drink. Whether we’re snacking at The Sunroom or enjoying a meal at one of the Borgata‘s fine dining establishments, we always enjoy ourselves and leave very satisfied.
Wolfgang Puck‘s American Grille located in the Borgata Hotel is one my favorites. The restaurant has 2 menus: The Tavern and The Main Dining Room. Both are fabulous but we tend to eat in the more casual Tavern area. To start, try the Truffled Potato Chips with Maytag Blue, the Creamy Clam Chowder or the Spicy Tuna Tartare (my fave). My favorite entrée is the Pork Wienerschnitzelwith Warm Potato Salad, Arugula and Pumpkin Seed Oil. I’m never disappointed.
I also like the Grilled Rib Eye Steak with Peppercorn Sauce, Bleu Cheese Hollandaise or the Almond Crusted Salmon with Horseradish-Potato Purée and Red Wine Reduction.
If you’re eating in the main dining room start with the Agnolotti Pasta with Five Cheese Filling and as a main course try the BRAISED KUROBUTA PORK OSSO BUCO WITH SWEET PEPPER ROMESCO (and I’m not a fan of goat).
I prefer the Tavern menu but the food is good and the service, excellent.Although I thought our server was a little pushy on Monday.
So next time you’re in AC, check out Wolfgang Puck’s American Grille. It will not disappoint.
© 2011 J. H-M and CultureChoc2010. Re-published.
Check out my other Atlantic City blogs:
- Atlantic City: Las Vegas Alternative? (hotelclub.com)
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa to Reopen Monday, August 29 (prnewswire.com)
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa to Close Friday, August 26 Due to Hurricane Irene (prnewswire.com)
- NJ extends deadline for sale of Borgata stake (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Atlantic City casino workers’ offer to slightly cut overall compensation is rejected (nj.com)