Warning… I swear a lot in this one….
Well, it’s 2012 and I’m off for the summer, soon to be broke and bored yet again.
This is the third day of my vacation and I’ve been pretty damn industrious. I started DAY ONE on Tuesday with these Facebook posts:
- Vacation Day One: Woke up with a headache +. Fed the cats, birds, squirrels and chipmunks. Coffee, breakfast, Facebook, Pinterest, Scramble. A little TV. Vacuumed downstairs and steps. Cleaned downstairs bathroom. Making a pot of gravy. Head better. Time 12:26 pm.
- Vacation Day One Continued: Laundry. Lunch. Scooped kitty boxes. Washed dishes and cleaned kitchen. Brought pile of shoes upstairs. Admired the sun – maybe I’ll go out on the deck…. Made a batch of meatballs. It’s 1:57 pm.
- Less industrious this afternoon: tasted a meatball. More laundry. Folded towels. TV, FB, Scramble. Downloaded a book. Thinking about a cocktail.
Not bad for a first day off!
DAY TWO on Wednesday went something like this:
- It’s going to be 96 today! I’m going to lay out all day (after I vacuum) and read my book, Not Taco Bell Material. Let me get my Crystal Light lemonade, my phone, my Blackberry and…. oh shit… I need a beach towel.
- Damn! It’s hot out here! Whew! I’m sweating my ass off. Maybe I’ll go inside and have lunch. Maybe a meatball. Mmmm. These are good. Wait. I need more lemonade. Hmmmm… maybe a cocktail. A Vootbeer – yeah, that’s what I want. Vanilla Vodka & diet rootbeer. Yum!
- Maybe I should lay on my stomach. My back is so white. No. The friggin’ squirrels ate my beanbag lounge – what can I lay on?
- Boy, this metal deck is hot. The pool still looks like shit – I guess I’ll hose myself down.
- Ouch! That fuckin’ water is hot! What is it boiling? Lemme wait until it cools off. I smell musty now.
- I have mosquito bites all over me! WTF! It’s the middle of the day! GD Jersey Shore!
- Fuck this shit! I’m going inside. It’s too hot out here anyway.
- JC! What’s the temperature in here? It’s too warm. JCPL probably cut back on the electricity. Fuckers.
- Maybe I should get the mail.
- Screw this. I’m not cooking. We’ll have leftovers.
DAY THREE – Thursday:
- I can’t believe I was dreaming about Scramble all night. Seriously. I need coffee. Maybe I’ll have some cantaloupe.
- Oh how cute! The squirrelies want to eat. Should we throw them some peanuts kitties?
- I don’t feel like vacuuming. I’ll do it later. I’m going outside.
- Wow! It’s hotter than yesterday! Let’s see how long I’ll last. I’m laying on my stomach today. This towel should work. Holy shit! I think I burnt my boob! This damn deck is like a frying pan.
- I think I’m losing a cup-size. I’m going inside. This is ridiculous.
- What day is it? When’s the last time I showered? I smell. I’ll shower later.
- Oooo… anyone on Scramble?
As you can see my week is deteriorating quickly. I spent most of the day taking pictures of my pussies and backyard wildlife and posting them on Facebook, fucking around on Pinterest and looking up recipes for Jello Shots!
It’s too humid to lay out without a swimable pool, work around the house, cook, bake or think!
I know. I shouldn’t bitch. I have the summer off. How many more days of this?
I really need a summer job!
Can anyone relate? Teachers perhaps?
I’ll tell you one thing – if it’s only day three and I can’t remember the last time I bathed, I’m already in trouble. At least I’m not double-fisting Champagne by the pool yet… just give me a few more days.
© 2012 J. H-M and CultureChoc2010.
- Pinterest Resources for Educators (coolcatteacher.blogspot.com)